Welcome to W.G. Nunn Elementary School!
Principal: Cisco Diaz
Assistant Principal: Dr. Ila Williams
Assitant Principal: Maggie Moody
School Counselors: Davesha Gibbs and Megan Welch
Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilites for the future.
1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increased student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contributes to improved educational outcomes.
5. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
6. The teacher is the most influential factor in the classroom.
7. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
8. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
9. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
10. In order for students to be globally competitive thay must possess 21st century technology skills
11. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
Valdosta City Schools to Host Strategic Planning Meeting - Valdosta City Schools is starting our strategic planning process and we would like to invite you to participate. On Thursday, November 13 beginning at 5:30 pm on the campus of Valdosta Middle School we will host a Community Engagement Meeting to gather input from parents... Posted: 10/30/2014
WGN Scholastic Book Fair - The WGN Fall Book Fair will be held next week, November 3-7. The shopping hours are 8:00 AM- 3:00 PM, Monday -Thursday. Friday the hours of operation will be 8:00 AM -12:00 PM. You can also shop the online book fair from October 29- November 18, 2014, at... Posted: 10/27/2014
Read for the Record - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 was Jumpstart's Read for the Record. Mayor Gayle read Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells to Karen Hudson's Kindergarten class. Other guest community readers included Craig Cardella from Property Tax Eagle, Chryse Thomas from VCS Foundation... Posted: 10/21/2014
WGN Fall Carnival - Thursday, October 16, 2014, was WGN's Fall Carnival. The carnival was a lot of fun for WGN students, parents, faculty, and staff. Activities included games, face painting, a rock wall, and inflatable slides and bounce houses. The carnival was a huge success! Thanks to all who... Posted: 10/21/2014