Welcome to W.G. Nunn Elementary School!
Principal: Cisco Diaz
Assistant Principal: Dr. Ila Williams
Assitant Principal: Maggie Moody
School Counselors: Davesha Gibbs and Megan Welch
Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilites for the future.
1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increased student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contributes to improved educational outcomes.
5. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
6. The teacher is the most influential factor in the classroom.
7. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
8. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
9. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
10. In order for students to be globally competitive thay must possess 21st century technology skills
11. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
WGN Teacher Awarded Grant - WGN 4th Grade teacher Shila Heeter was awarded a Colquitt EMC grant Monday, September 15, 2014. Representatives from the company presented Mrs. Heeter with a check for $1,000.00. The funds will be used to purchase equipment for her classroom. Posted: 9/15/2014
Parent Night - Please join us for Parent Night! You can visit your students' classrooms, talk with teachers, and learn about the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards. You can also take this opportunity to sign up for Parent Portal, which allows you to view your child's grades... Posted: 8/19/2014
VCS Releases CRCT Data - Valdosta City Schools Release CRCT Data
Elementary and middle school students in Valdosta City Schools showed great improvement in performance on the Criterion Reference Competency Tests (CRCT) preliminary results received in Valdosta City Schools this week. While academic... Posted: 5/22/2014
Reading and Open Mic Night - Our first annual Reading/"Open Mic" Night was held on Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 and was a huge success. Students and teachers read amazing stories, essays, and poetry. Thank you to all who participated in this celebration of reading and writing! Posted: 3/3/2014