Welcome to W.G. Nunn Elementary School!
Principal: Cisco Diaz
Assistant Principal: Dr. Ila Williams
Assitant Principal: Maggie Moody
School Counselors: Davesha Gibbs and Megan Welch
Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilites for the future.
1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increased student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contributes to improved educational outcomes.
5. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
6. The teacher is the most influential factor in the classroom.
7. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
8. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
9. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
10. In order for students to be globally competitive thay must possess 21st century technology skills
11. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
Read for the Record - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 was Jumpstart's Read for the Record. Mayor Gayle read Bunny Cakes by Rosemary Wells to Karen Hudson's Kindergarten class. Other guest community readers included Craig Cardella from Property Tax Eagle, Chryse Thomas from VCS Foundation... Posted: 10/21/2014
WGN Fall Carnival - Thursday, October 16, 2014, was WGN's Fall Carnival. The carnival was a lot of fun for WGN students, parents, faculty, and staff. Activities included games, face painting, a rock wall, and inflatable slides and bounce houses. The carnival was a huge success! Thanks to all who... Posted: 10/21/2014
WGN Teacher Awarded Grant - WGN 4th Grade teacher Shila Heeter was awarded a Colquitt EMC grant Monday, September 15, 2014. Representatives from the company presented Mrs. Heeter with a check for $1,000.00. The funds will be used to purchase equipment for her classroom. Posted: 9/15/2014
Parent Night - Please join us for Parent Night! You can visit your students' classrooms, talk with teachers, and learn about the Common Core Georgia Performance Standards. You can also take this opportunity to sign up for Parent Portal, which allows you to view your child's grades... Posted: 8/19/2014