Welcome to W.G. Nunn Elementary School!
Principal: Cisco Diaz
Assistant Principal: Dr. Ila Williams
Assitant Principal: Maggie Moody
School Counselors: Dr. Davesha Miller and Megan Welch
Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilites for the future.
1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increased student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contributes to improved educational outcomes.
5. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
6. The teacher is the most influential factor in the classroom.
7. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
8. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
9. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
10. In order for students to be globally competitive thay must possess 21st century technology skills
11. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
April Teacher of the Month - Mrs. Armstrong is a TEAM player. She is great at organizing events for the elective teachers. She does a great job with the choir program. She is very creative and has great ideas to share with others. Posted: 4/17/2015
WGN Scholastic Book Fair - The WGN Fall Book Fair will be held next week, March 9-13. The shopping hours are 9:00 AM- 3:00 PM, Monday -Thursday. Friday the hours of operation will be 9:00 AM -12:00 PM. You can also shop the online book fair from March 4 - March 24, 2015, at... Posted: 10/27/2014
VCS Spelling Bee - The VCS Spelling Bee was held the morning of February 6, 2015. Three WGN students placed in the top four for the district. Our students who placed were: Matthew Dennis 2nd, Madison Waters 3rd, and Brandon Carter 4th. Congratulations to our spelling bee... Posted: 2/6/2015
February Teacher of the Month - The February Teacher of the Month is Charlene Rickman. Her colleagues appreciate that she is always a team player and willing to help. She displays a positive attitude and is willing to share ideas. Mrs. Rickman is consistently trying to discover new ways to motivate our... Posted: 2/6/2015