Welcome to W.G. Nunn Elementary School!
Principal: Gary Mims
Assistant Principal: Ila Williams
Assitant Principal: Rollie Seiple
School Counselor: Blondie Manning
School Counselor: Davesha Gibbs
Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilites for the future.
1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increased student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contributes to improved educational outcomes.
5. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
6. The teacher is the most influential factor in the classroom.
7. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
8. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
9. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
10. In order for students to be globally competitive thay must possess 21st century technology skills
11. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
Parent Input Requested for 2013-14 VCS Academic Calendar - Valdosta City Schools is asking for feedback from parents, guardians and stakeholders to help in creating the 2013 - 2014 VCS Academic Calendar. A survey for parents and a separate survey for faculty and staff have been created and will be available through Friday... Posted: 1/18/2013
Help Us Win $50,000 Grant from Clorox - W.G. Nunn Elementary School has submitted an application for a $50,000 grant to Clorox for the purchase of musical instruments and manipulatives in their music classrooms. The grant is awarded by popular vote. WGN needs your vote every... Posted: 12/14/2012