Welcome to W.G. Nunn Elementary School!
Principal: Cisco Diaz
Assistant Principal: Dr. Ila Williams
Assitant Principal: Maggie Moody
School Counselors: Dr. Davesha Miller and Megan Welch
Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilities for the future.
1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increased student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contributes to improved educational outcomes.
5. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
6. The teacher is the most influential factor in the classroom.
7. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
8. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
9. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
10. In order for students to be globally competitive thay must possess 21st century technology skills
11. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
Thank you to our CPIE sponsors!!! - WG Nunn Elementary would like to thank all of our Community Partners in Education for another successful year. We enjoyed gaining new successful partnerships as well as continuing with partners who have worked with our school for years. Below is a list of a few of... Posted: 5/21/2015
VCS myOn Summer Reading Challenge -
We are thrilled to announce the 2015 myON Summer Reading Challenge—Every Hero Has a Story! The magic of myON is that you have access to more than 5,000 enhanced digital books while your child is out of school for the summer. We encourage... Posted: 5/22/2014
WGN STEAM Day - W.G. Nunn recently participated in Valdosta City Schools first annual STEAM Day celebrating Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math. The event was hosted by J.L. Newbern Middle School and was open to elementary and middle school students participating in their school's... Posted: 5/14/2015
Annual Spring Concert - Tuesday evening the W.G. Nunn Chorus, under the direction of Kathy Armstrong, presented their annual spring concert. The theme for the evening was Spring Favorites, and included tunes from Disney favorites to an African folk song and Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. All 46 chorus... Posted: 5/14/2015