Welcome to W.G. Nunn Elementary School!
Principal: Cisco Diaz
Assistant Principal: Dr. Ila Williams
Assitant Principal: Maggie Moody
School Counselors: Davesha Gibbs and Megan Welch
Our vision is to prepare students to pursue infinite possibilites for the future.
1. Positive attitudes and relationships are essential for quality learning.
2. A safe, supportive environment nurtures teaching and learning.
3. Continuous improvement through shared decision making is essential to increased student achievement.
4. Involvement and support of all stakeholders contributes to improved educational outcomes.
5. All students have unique needs and learn when actively engaged in appropriate instruction and support.
6. The teacher is the most influential factor in the classroom.
7. High expectations for all students, staff, and stakeholders are essential for student success.
8. Effective teachers continuously improve through ongoing, job-embedded professional learning.
9. Activities beyond core academics provide relationships and connections that are critical to student learning.
10. In order for students to be globally competitive thay must possess 21st century technology skills
11. Public schools contribute to and enhance the quality of life in the community.
WGN Spelling Bee - Congratulations to our WGN 2015 Spelling Bee winners! Matthew Dennis was the 1st place winner, Madison Waters was 2nd, and Brandon Carter came in 3rd. The winners are shown with Mrs. Rickman, Spelling Bee Coordinator, and WGN Principal, Mr. Diaz.Congratulations to all 22... Posted: 1/21/2015
December Teacher of the Month - Mrs. Gaddy always goes the extra mile for our team. She is always pleasant with a kind and considerate attitude. She has been very helpful and contributes resources for teaching. Congratualtions Mrs. Gaddy, December's Teacher of the Month! Posted: 1/8/2015
Project M.A.T.H. (Math at the Home) - Valdosta City Schools' Parent Involvement Department is kicking off Parent Engagement Month by hosting a parent workshop called Project MATH (Math at the Home) on Saturday, November 8. This learning event will focus on increasing math skills in fun-filled environment. The... Posted: 11/8/2014
Valdosta City Schools to Host Strategic Planning Meeting - Valdosta City Schools is starting our strategic planning process and we would like to invite you to participate. On Thursday, November 13 beginning at 5:30 pm on the campus of Valdosta Middle School we will host a Community Engagement Meeting to gather input from parents... Posted: 10/30/2014